Okay, I've not been the best blogger in the world lately. I'd like to offer a few excuses:
1. I've tried several times but for some reason Photoshop is being weird about cropping photos. I don't know why it's doing what it's doing but I have no patience to deal with it right now. Yes, I know I can post without photos but it's not as much fun and my words have to make sense.
2. I kinda zoned out for a while after Mom's death. Everything took longer than I thought it would and my energy was a little on the low side. But I'm much better.
3. We got a horse back. I don't know if I told you this yet. We sold Roxie. Two women came to look at her. One, who did buy her, the owner. One who advised the owner to buy her, the adviser. So our farrier told Darryl there was a woman who was looking for someone to train her draft horse, a gelding. She lives on Ash. Well, that's the street where Roxie lives. It turns out the adviser lives there. Roxy's owner has not paid the horse boarding fees and the adviser had fallen in love with Roxy and was taking good care of her. But the guy who actually owned the horse boarding place wants the two draft horses out of there. The short version is that we paid Roxy's back boarding fees and brought her home. Darryl will start training the Drum horse that belongs to the adviser in a month or so. And it could be that we might board the Drum horse with us. For a fee of course. I don't know about that yet. In any case Roxy is back with us.
4. The cat had to go to the vet and I put it off as long as I could. Patches, inside cat, has a bald belly. The vet checked her out and it seems she is pulling out her own fur and now has a tiny skin irritation that causes her to keep pulling her fur out. So she got an antibiotic shot and and e-collar she has to wear for a couple of weeks. The cause is weird. I moved her litter box for Mom's funeral and apparently that bothers her. Her symptoms are all in her head. Leave it to me to have a crazy cat.
4. It took a bit of time to deal with Mom's estate. It's almost done though. Except for next years taxes, of course. It was a pretty easy deal but there were still forms to fill out and lines to sign on, and a checkbook to balance.
5. I was absent the day they taught blogging etiquette in school. The dog ate my keyboard. Someone took my mouse. I didn't know I was supposed to have it done that day. And I had the flu and couldn't get away from the bathroom long enough to do it.
That's my story and I'm stickin' too it.
Happy anniversary Darryl! 21 years on Sunday and I'm looking forward to 21 more.